Wabash Blogs Ryan Lutz '13

« Packing...cool? | Main | I lied...uno mas »

Last entry? a year in review

A year in review: it has definitely been years of ups and downs, of highs and lows and many friends and memoires have been made. Coming into Wabash I thought I had already done most of my growing up already…little did I know that I still had a long way to go. Once I learned that important lesson—turns out I actually was a big fish in a small pond in high school. I began to soak up everything like a sponge; from learning from the seniors to bonding with the other freshman it has been one hell of a ride.   Even learning the hard way with people this year has been beneficial, because sometimes that’s the best way to learn a lesson.
                As far as this summer goes I’m looking forward to going back. I’m mostly going to be working and traveling and training for next year, currently i'll be working at TNT fireworks. But I might possibly be doing a second job with admissions where I would make profiles on all the Cali kids at Wabash and make a pamphlet to boost recruitment in California. 
                All in all it looks like it will be a fun summer and I can’t wait to see all my old friends. Golden state here I come.

In the words of the the great Notorious B.I.G. "im going going back back to Cali Cali"  [me paraphrasing BIGGIE] so if a gotta chose a coast is gotta be the west, but that dont mean a kid cant rest in the midwest.  three more years folks, one down three to go, damn the midwest is a fine place to visit. 

This was my motivation for the entire year when those grueling nights were upon me.