Wabash Blogs Present Indiana

« Talking With Attucks' Greats | Main | PIP Program Was Rewarding Summer Job »

Nearing the End of a Great Internship

Cody Stipes '11 - With only a short week left in the Present Indiana Internship, the end is near and everyone in the group is vigorously finishing their projects. Thursday night was our final group adventure together as we traveled to Indianapolis to take in an Indians game and, of course, an amazing dinner at Champs Restaurant. 

For the last 7 weeks we have been conducting interview, taking pictures, and gathering research and now our interviews are being chopped down into 20-second clips, the photos are being cropped to perfectly fit the screen, and the research is transforming into scripts and notes for us to use during our presentations. It is a very busy time, but the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming increasingly brighter and we all know that our hard work is starting to pay off.

My experience with the Present Indiana Project has been fantastic! 

I have learned a plethora of knowledge about my project and Indiana, but most importantly it has taught me invaluable information about my future career as an educator. After talking with more than 20 professionals in the field of education, I have seen what it takes to be an exceptional educator and administrator at some of the best secondary schools in the country.

As the last week of this project draws to a close, my friends and I continue to work endless hours in the Media Center polishing are projects while we prepare to begin making presentations next week. It has been a great time and I can’t wait to see how everything turns out!

In photos: Top right, Joel Bustamante, Lijie Ding, Alex Moseman, and Cody Stipes gather around Indians' mascot Rowdy for a photo. Lower left, beautiful Victory Field at night.