Wabash Blogs Prague 2006 Immersion Trip

Main | A Missed flight »

Charles Bridge Fascinates

Will Certain '07, Day 1 - I have been looking forward to visiting Prague all semester because I have heard of the rich religious history of the city. I am a religion minor and I have studied Prague in Religion 171-172.

The best part of my day was sight-seeing the beautiful churches, the Jewish quarter, and the Charles Bridge. The Charles Bridge is fascinating.  There are several religious sculptures lining each side of the bridge built centuries ago. The sculptures have been restored so the structures that stand now are not the originals, yet they are still a great sight.  My favorite sculpture is of Jesus Christ on the cross in the center of the bridge.  I will have to go back during the day because we went at night and I was unable to capture great pictures. 

This is the first time I have been overseas.  Prague is a beautiful city with plenty of things to do and see. The city center is full of interesting shops and great history. One thing from Prague that is very similar to Mexico is the driving. Drivers will not stop for pedestrians and do not stop at stop signs. All in all, my first day in Prague was a great time and I look forward to spending more time in the city and especially seeing more religious sites.

Will,

I'm curious about the K-12 education system in Prague. Will you have an opportunity to learn about schools there?

Dr. Pittard