Investigating Law School

Grant McCloskey ’12 – I was a little apprehensive when I registered to attend the IU-Indianapolis Law School visit. While law is something that has always interested me, I have also always had concerns about whether I was up to the challenge of the rigorous academic and emotional demands. When the opportunity presented itself to attend this visit, I put my apprehensions aside and signed up. I am certainly happy that I decided to attend. The visit opened my eyes and eased many of my concerns.

The IU-Indy campus has beautiful components. The atrium in the law school building extended for three stories with the library on the east side, faculty offices on the south and classrooms covering the entire west and north sides. The library was mind blowing. As we traversed through its three floors it was hard to distinguish one from the other.

Aside from getting away from the friendly confines of Wabash for an afternoon, I am really glad I went on this visit. It made me realize that this is something that I can see myself pursuing in the future. It also made me realize how much work it is going to take to finish my undergraduate strong, and how much work it will take to make it in law school.