Martin Expresses His Thoughts Going into Senior Day

Jake Martin, #22

When the team reported to camp this year, one of the first thing Coach Raeburn said to the seniors was, “Take advantage of every situation, because your senior year is going to fly by, and before you know it, it will be over.” As a player I have heard that millions of time, but it never really sank in at all. I always knew that I would have a team to play for the next year; however, I can’t say that anymore. This Saturday we take on a very good opponent in Allegheny for senior day. Saturday will be the last time that I will be able to run out of the tunnel after screaming the chant. I have cherished every moment from the time I walked onto campus after the senior trip up until now, because I know it will be the last time I ever do it.

Jake Taking Back an Interception for a Big Return

Wabash football works extremely hard to prepare their players to win games on Saturday; however, they work even harder to prepare their players to be successful business men and excellent fathers. Looking back on my four years here, I have accomplished things that I have never thought would be possible when I stepped foot on this campus as a freshman. There is going to be no possible way that I will ever be able to thank the football program for all of the amazing opportunities that it has presented me. I did not realize all of lessons that I have learned while playing football at Wabash College until the start of the season. I knew that it was going to be my last go around and I needed to cherish every moment that I have playing the game I love. My experience as a Wabash

Martin Wrapping up a Chicago Ball Carrier

College football player has been unbelievable and Saturday will definitely be an emotional day knowing that I will never be able to run out of the tunnel in front of thousands of diehard Wabash fans. Playing football at Wabash College is an experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

WAF!!!

Jake Martin #22

One Response to Martin Expresses His Thoughts Going into Senior Day

1. Brenda McClintic says:

Congratulations Jake and the rest of this senior class for four great year. We are all so very proud of each and every one of you. Yes, tomorrow is going to be a very emotional day for all! Love you guys.
    Tom & Brenda McClintic (Jd #96)