Wabash Blogs Jim Martin '13

« First Day of Finals | Main

Last Entry for the School Year

It is the end of my first year. I packed all of my things and I hit the road. This last weekend I stayed for a goodbye party for the seniors on Saturday night, then drove from Terra Haute to my home in Wisconsin in order to make it back for my little brother’s first communion on Sunday morning.

I don’t really know what to think about this year. By far it was the most academically challenging experience I have had. Especially this last week, I worked incredibly hard to be ready for my finals. It went by fast though. Before I left I was talking to a few of my friends from the trip to Montana at the beginning of the year. We couldn’t believe that we were finished already. Time flew.

However, first semester feels so long ago. I feel older, but I am not sure why. It has only been 10 months since I came to the campus, and started my experience. I met many people who I already know have shaped how I will spend the next three years.

For the summer I will be trying to find a job or internship near my house. I have my project of building a humidor, so that will take up a lot of time. I’m sure that my parents have projects for me to do around the house as well.

Kappa Sigma will be having Rush Events over the summer. And for one important announcement, for those that actually read my blog, I will not be writing for the school next year. I will however be posting at my other blog site every Wednesday. Here is that link. (I will be posting during the summer starting this week) Feel free to email me at jrmartin13@wabash.edu with any questions or comments. Have a great summer, and I look forward to hearing from you.