Wabash Blogs Immersion 2009: New York Art

« Day 1 - Truly A City That Never Sleeps | Main | Day 2 - Evening »

Day 2 - The MET

Aaron Cantu, Class of 2011 – It was going to be fun trying to make today as fulfilling as the last. Waking up so early was a blast after the long night before. We all met up at the professors’ hotel at 8:30 in the morning to start our day. We went to the subway and travelled to downtown New York City.
After getting off the subway we walked a few blocks to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. On the way to the museum I saw Central Park for the first time, which was amazing. Right next to the park was the Metropolitan, which was one of the hugest museums I have ever been in.

Seeing some of the greatest artists in the world’s artwork was amazing. I saw some pieces from Picasso, Monet, Pollock, and even some amazing African, Egyptian, and Greek art. After being on our feet for a few hours we decided a break was needed.

We went to Central Park, had some awesome hot dogs and for once relaxed. I never thought it would be so relaxing to sit down in Central park and just watch people around us; it ended up killing two hours of our day. After our break we headed back to the museum and finished off viewing the Modern art section. The museum was amazing, with some of the most amazing pieces in the world. It was a wonderful experience that I wouldn’t trade for the world.