Last Step Before Turf

Kyle Bender ’12 – The construction crew continues to spread gravel across the entire length of the field at Hollett Little Giant Stadium. It is the final step before turf installation begins next week.

For an updated photo album, click here.

Media Services Specialist Adam Bowen recently installed a time-lapse camera in the press box. The camera will take a photo of the field every two minutes for the next few weeks of the turf installation process. Once the project is completed, Adam will compile the pictures into a time-lapse video to be posted on website.

On a personal note, it is a bittersweet time for me in terms of the construction progress. I have reported on the project the entire summer, all the way back to the first piece of ground removed on May 19th.  

As the long-anticipated turf installation moment approaches, I will miss the most exciting part of the project as I will be out of the office all next week. I am headed to Phoenix, Arizona for a national fraternity conference with several Wabash students, alums, along with Spanish professor Dan Rogers.

Brent Harris and Howard Hewitt will provide coverage next week. While I’ve reported and taken pictures mostly of mounds of dirt all summer, they will get to have the fun of watching the new carpet unrolled.  

I have much time invested in the project so I will faithfully follow the FYI Blog updates along with the rest of the Wabash community next week!
This entry was posted in Athletic Fields Construction. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Last Step Before Turf

1. Rob Holm says:

Brent and Howard have big shoes to fill! Nice job keeping us interested parties informed, Kyle!