Rainforest Sets Stage for Horn ’12

Jonathan Horn ’12 – My first week in Quito has been one to remember. In the first week I have done all that I had hoped to have done before even coming on this trip. Classes have been going well at the University, but one day stands out to me above all the rest since I have been here. That day was today Sunday May16, 2010. We started out going bird watching as a group early this morning in Mindo.

Mindo is the city that we all traveled to by bus for the weekend. After bird watching we did an activity that without a doubt has been the most fun activity we have done so far. This activity was zip lining. We as a group took part in this and it was definitely a bonding experience that all of us students and Professor Mikek and Hardy will remember for sure. As each student soared through the rain forest at astronomical heights, I could see it in all of there eyes how much fun they were having and also how none of them regretted the decision about coming on this trip. Ever since all of us got on that plane to come to Quito, we have bonded as an entire group. From then on I knew this was going to be a special experience with some phenomenal people.

When I was soaring through the rain forest, the scenery I saw was like none other I have ever seen. It was gorgeous and I am glad I got to spend it with some great guys that enjoy Spanish as much as I do. I can not wait to see what else this trip has in store for all of us because today was a day that I will remember for a very long time. I bonded with some guys who I barely knew and now after this zip lining experience I feel like I have known them for years. Until next time,

2 Responses to Rainforest Sets Stage for Horn ’12

1. Andre Adeyemi says:

Congrats on making it Horn. Hope you have fun with the locals.
    Love,
    Your pledge brother

2. Ma Horn says:

Jonathan, Mom, Dad and Reece here. Good job on the blog son! Sounds like you are having the time of your life and learning so much. We are very proud and can’t wait to hear more. We love you and miss you sweetie. Simon says hi!