Monthly Archives: July 2010

A friend to the sciences…

Peck Scientific Hall 1884   Peck Hall was the first building built specifically for the study of chemistry and physics. It was built where Hays Hall stands now. Peck was a gift from a generous benefactor with very close ties … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Center Hall chapel and library

This photograph is one of the oldest that we have of our campus, dated 1875. In this section of the image, we see a completed Center Hall. That is to say that by this time the north and the south … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

1870s campus

The decade of the 1870s is most marked by the many and vast changes to the campus. In this image, taken from the catalog of 1877-78 we can see that a great deal has changed. If we look at the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

1860s campus

This photograph is of downtown Crawfordsville in the 1860s – at the intersection of Washington and Main Streets looking west. The building in the middle of the picture is the Hanna Building, the spot where Wabash held classes following the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

The new campus

It wasn’t long after the founding and the construction of the first humble building, now known as Forest Hall, that the vision of Wabash College’s Board of Trustees expanded. Williamson Dunn’s gift of 15 acres was a start, but to … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off