‘Twas a Great Week to Be a Wabash Man

Howdy Wallies,

It’s me again, your favorite Phi from the west side of campus. If you listen carefully, I’m sure you can hear the sweet, sweet ringing of the Bell outside, meaning that for another year, Wabash reigns supreme over Depauw. But the football team’s success in Greencastle isn’t the only reason why this was a stellar week to be a Little Giant and a Phi Delt in particular.

For starters, Phi Delt did WORK at the Bleed for the Bell IM Blood Drive this week. Not only did Wabash destroy Depauw in blood donations, but Phi Delt actually won the whole darn thing, with about 40% of our house donating blood to the Red Cross! As a reward, the Red Cross is treating our house to a free Buffalo Wild Wings dinner after Thanksgiving Break, which will be a real treat.

Wabash and Depauw members of Phi Delta Theta meet to fight against ASL.

To keep the ball rolling (it’s a pun, you’ll see), as you may have read in my last blog, the Phi Delt pledges organized the Monon Game Ball Relay for ALS this weekend, raising a grand total of around $10,000! Holy moly, guys…that’s a whopping sum. The pledges should be very proud of themselves, and I know our active brothers and alumni are as well.

Not satisfied with only helping out the Red Cross and ALS Foundation, a group of pledges helped me partner with the Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity to sell t-shirts at the Monon Bell tailgate to help Wabash raise money for MUFFY, a Montgomery County-centered charity fund. With their help, we sold every single one of our 750+ t-shirts, generating a 100% charity donation of over $3000. The overall sum raised by the Wabash student body was over $8200 (Depauw raised $3900. Lol). The bottom line is, if you don’t think Phi Delt was on its A-Game this week, you’re sorely mistaken.

Look at those happy little guys!

To top everything at Phi Delt off, I am proud to welcome the 2017 Phi Delta Theta pledge class into the house and out of pledgeship! No more little green pots floating around campus for another year!

This blog is almost tedious with the amount of “And THEN” moments that Wabash had this weekend. Monon Keg Game? Victory over Depauw. Monon Bell Football Game? Victory over Depauw. NCAA Regional Cross Country Championship, against Calvin College’s 17-YEAR WINNING STREAK? FLIPPING VICTORY. That’s right. Sure, the Cross Country team is advancing to the National Championship this weekend; but that wasn’t good enough. No, the team settled for nothing less than the title of Regional Champs. All in a day’s work for the Redpack.

Aside from all of this, the weekend was an excellent time, including a fancy dinner night provided by home-maker himself, Seton Goddard, a roaring party at Lamda Chi on Saturday night, and a 7-person midnight trip to Taco Bell in a 5-person car with some new friends.

Like I said…’twas a great week to be a Wabash man.

T-Minus 6 days until Cuba.