Meat-Slinging and Pledge Singing at Wabash

WALLIES! Popping in real quick just to update you on a few key things. First of all, Shout-Out of the Day goes to the legend himself, Poppa Bode, for showing up to Crawfordsville this evening to help me fix my computer, bring me a back-up phone, and take me out to dinner. Seriously clutch, and luckily I am now up at full computer capacity! Dad…you da best.

Since my last real blog, a few fun Wabash moments have happened. The first home game was a total blast, and the Phi Delt pledges did a great job guarding the red bench, running the tailgate, and taking good care of a special banana. I worked the concession stand for APO during the last half of the game, and it was well worth my time. With just a few

“ARE YOU NOT WELL-FED??!”

minutes left in the game, I took about 40 leftover hot dogs out onto the track and GAVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANTED. Never have I felt so raw, so primal, as I was slinging hot meat at the screaming masses. With free food at stake, crowd enthusiasm was at a maximum. Needless to say, it was an excellent time.

Speaking of APO, I officially pledged the Delta Omicron chapter of the Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity this evening, so a lot of community service is in my future. Worse things could happen, and I’m hoping to make friends along the way as well.

Last but not least, I want to wish a hearty good luck to all of the freshmen tomorrow at

Aggressively mouthing “WATERMELON” is a great strategy during the second verse.

Chapel Sing, but especially to the green pot-gripping pledges of Phi Delta Theta. I feel like I was just in their shoes a year ago, and I know that they’ve worked hard to learn the song as best as they can. They will go out singing tomorrow (to fully compete for the first time since 2005) and I think they’ll do us proud.

See you at Chapel Sing!