On Blogs, Gossip Girl, and Chinese

Happy Friday Wallies! Lots to write about after just two days of classes.

For starters, I’m very excited to welcome in the Class of 2017 Freshmen Bloggers into the multimedia world! I haven’t had the opportunity to meet all of them yet, but I am proud to say that the cross country team now boasts 3 (active and retired) freshmen bloggers with the addition of Fabian House ’16, a blogger from last year, and Audie Kaufman ’17, one of the young men selected to blog about his first year here at Wabash. Good luck Audie!

If you followed my blog last year, you know that I had a serious love-hate relationship with my 8AM Psych class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, because although it was so early, it gave me a reason to get up and actually do something with my time. This year, my Thursdays are a polar opposite. Rather than getting out of bed to start class, I don’t actually have to get to class until 1:10 in the afternoon! I’m telling myself that I’ll wake up for Chapel Talk every week at 11:00, but still, it’s hard to believe that I have no morning classes for a change.

My classes will be even more interesting this semester because all four of them pertain to

Blake LIvely is too perfect not to enjoy.

my Political Science/Spanish double major, so I will be completely immersed in subjects that I find very exciting (assuming I find time to study at all in between Netflix episodes of Gossip Girl, me and my roommates’ new addiction. Really). My Spanish 321 class with Dr. Hardy passed by smoothly yesterday, and I can tell that a summer working in a Mexican restaurant has kept the rust off of my Spanish cogs. My Spanish leg tattoo even got used as an example in class.

My first class of the day, Political Parties, was cancelled today, but because I am not yet on Dr. Gelbman’s mailing list, I didn’t find this out until I was already at the library at 10:00. Obviously this gave me the perfect excuse to get my first cup of coffee from the 1832 Brew and sit down for a little blogging before my first Chinese 101 class at 11. I took a sneak peek inside my Chinese textbooks and was all like:

But in all reality, I’m incredibly excited to start learning the most basic of Chinese Mandarin. I tried in vain to count to 10 on my hands with a Phi Delt pledge from China, Tian-Hong “Peter” Xu, but failed somewhat miserably. Wish me luck! I’ll need it.

Until next time,

XOXO, Gossip Girl

Haha just kidding.

Bode.