Generic “Back to Wabash” Title!

Welcome back to campus fellow Wallies! It’s great to be back and blogging again. I’ve only been on campus for a week and it seems like it’s been a month since I left home.

I’ve moved back into the Phi Delta Theta house for the second time, but this time I came bearing posters, carpet, couches, and other such items that go into private rooms, rather than the freshman cold dorm. If you followed my blog last year, you know that I had a pretty awesome year up in the CD, but let’s be real – having a room is the greatest thing in the world. I have a door. My best friends are right next door. Between me and my roommate Joe, our room will hopefully stay clean. I am five steps from the bathroom. Life is perfect. Joe’s parents swung in today from Chicago and helped us put the finishing touches on our room, and the 217 is pretty sick now. Couches on couches.

The other change in the atmosphere comes with welcoming in a new batch of freshmen to campus, and the house. It’s hard to believe that just one year ago, the class of 2016 was in their shoes. Freshman Rush at Phi Delta Theta has been pretty successful so far, and

How I feel when I turn in my ESH timesheet before 10AM on a Monday

we’re having a lot of fun getting to know the future brothers in our house. The freshmen on the Cross Country team show a lot of promise as well, and seem to be a good bunch of young men. I’m looking forward to meeting more of the class of 2017 over the next few weeks, a few of whom may turn out to be Freshmen Bloggers! How exciting is it to pass the torch on that one?!

Like last year, I’ll be coming at ya’ll a few times a week to let you in on the shenanigannery that a Wabash sophomore gets into, and I hope to throw in some advice and good laughs as well. You can also follow me on my Wabash Twitter, @BodeWabashBlog! If this year is anything like last year, I should have plenty to write about. It’s good to be home, Wabash!!

ELE