Boston Marathon Tragedy

The pleasantness of the Monday afternoon was shattered by news that there had been a bombing at the Boston Marathon. I was just returning from my last class of the day and happened to turn the TV to ESPN where they were streaming live video from the scene. It goes to show that we must value of every single day and the privilege of each and every moment.

Highway cleanup with Alpha Phi Omega pledge class

My heart goes out to the victims of the crime as one of the few consolations is emulated in President Obama’s words, “on days like this there are no Republicans or Democrats-we are Americans, united in concern for our fellow citizens.” Members of the student body met at 8pm on the mall to pray for the victims of this crime.

Before the events of today unfolded, the weekend had been a busy but productive. I placed 2nd in the DIII State meet in the 1500 and 4th in the 800, running my best outdoor time in the 800. The weather was windy and cold, but Sunday cleared up well enough to allow for my pledge class to do their annual highway clean up. I was busy from morning to late afternoon, because I assisted with the baseball concessions from noon to 4.

Immediately following concessions I had to hurry back to Martindale to follow the Masters. I was absolutely riveted by the sudden death playoff between Adam Scott and Angel Cabrera. Of course you can’t expect everyone to appreciate the best that golf can offer, but when Tiger Woods is in a hunt and it’s a Sunday afternoon, you can guess I’ll be watching.

I will keep the events at the Boston Marathon and those involved in my thoughts and prayers as I go about my classes tomorrow.

Fabian House

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.