That’s Opportunity Pecking

The first day of spring looked extremely beautiful, and even warm, but that was only the case if you stayed tucked inside all day. That is something that rarely happens, which is why I battled the wind and freezing temperature with a number of Wabash students.

Today I was informed that I was not selected to be the summer intern at the athletic office, and while I was disappointed not to be selected, I was glad that even as a freshman I was given equal consideration. Another position I am happy to interview for is the Resident Assistant Position on campus. Tomorrow I will meet for the group interview phase before I find out whether I will receive that position.

For those of you who are looking forward to meeting our new president, Dr.Gregory Hess, he will be in the Sparks Center Thursday morning at 7:30. Many individuals have yet to meet our new president, and this will be a great opportunity to do so. I was privileged enough to conduct a phone interview with Dr. Hess in which I wrote an article about in “The Phoenix.” In the interview, my goal was to give you the student an inside look at Dr. Hess and his expectations for Wabash next year. This is more than a subtle attempt to get you to pick up the magazine and ready my article! But truthfully, I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to get to know him.

It seems like barely any blog post can go by without my mentioning college basketball, but what can I say? Butler basketball takes on Bucknell in the first round, and unfortunately for my roommate, he will probably experience his first bust in his bracket as I think he has made the awful mistake of underestimating the power of the bulldogs!

Tomorrow will also be a night of the annual Peck Dinner where the guest of honor will be Judge David F. Hamilton, federal judge in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. Not only will this be an opportunity to rub shoulders with an eminent guest, but also many other prominent lawyers will be on campus. Who better to ask about a law career than those in the field? It’s bound to be a great day tomorrow, but as you can tell, very busy. Try to keep warm!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.