Reflecting on Honors Scholar

I’d like to tell you all that this was a restful and relaxing weekend, but that would be far from the truth. After all of the preparation and anticipation, I’m glad to just bum around and finally get to my work.

All men who study here know that Wabash is rich with tradition. After my first Honors Scholar Weekend as a Wabash student—a weekend meant to make prospects feel comfortable and welcome here on campus—even I feel more at home as a result of playing my role in this Wabash tradition. Friday night I didn’t have much of an opportunity to talk to prospects because I was preoccupied with setting up the stage, performing (which was a blast!), and bringing all of the equipment back in. Saturday, however, I had the chance to talk with a bunch of prospects and learn about where they were from, what they thought about Wabash, and so much more.

Wally World was bunches o coolness and afterwards I took a stroll to the tennis center to give my support to the Little Giants in their tennising endeavors. After successfully staying awake for a good number of matches, I made my way back to good ol Kappa Sig to take a quick nap before rushing started again. Some of the guys I met at Wally World stopped by to chat for a bit, which was cool, and I got to meet and converse with even more guys over cotton candy, snow cones, hookah, and ping pong (a rather unorthodox, yet pleasant combination). Afterwards, I spent some more personal time with prospects in the house, chilled with brothers, and played guitar with my best friend/roommate Phil for entertainment.

Finally, after a weekend of neglecting my schoolwork, I’ve been using this day as an attempt to catch up. Before I get back to it, I just want to leave you with this: if you’re a senior looking at Wabash and we met this weekend, add me on the Facebook (Joey Weisenritter) or follow me on the Twitter (@Joey_Wabash16) and we’ll chat it up.

Peace out dawgs,

Joey

About Joey

My name is Joseph Edward Weisenritter. I'm from the southside of Chicago, I have two sisters, two dogs, and two loving parents. If you asked me to describe myself I'd say "music". I like birds. Also, I like to write.