On the Road Again

I don’t know if it’s the cold I acquired in the middle of the week or the culmination of hours upon hours of singing, but my throat is in quite a bit of distress at the moment.

As I type, I am resting on a bed in a Days Inn in Bellaire, Ohio where the Glee Club has stopped for the night. Tomorrow we return to Crawfordsville, concluding this year’s spring break tour. As I mentioned before, I came across a nasty virus and my immune system has been engaging in combat since Tuesday morning.  Besides my ailment however, I have no complaints as to how my spring break went.  I’m very happy to say that I’ve grown a lot closer to a bunch of the guys in the Glee Club that I normally don’t even talk to.  Additionally, I’ve made memories that I’ll carry with me for the rest of my Wabash days and beyond.

One such memory was last night when after our last performance of the tour we headed over to alumnus Fred Wampler’s house just outside of Philly.  All the way there we had a sort of “back-and-forth” of impromptu a capella songs, ranging from pop to soul, going on between the front and back of the bus (the back of the bus totally came out on top). After we arrived at Mr. Wampler’s home—which is older than our country—the singing continued. Over snacks and beverages we conversed and sang together, all enjoying the presence of one another. It was a wonderful conclusion to a wonderful week.

The next time you hear from me I’ll be back in Indiana, but as for now I’m going to enjoy my last night with the Glee Club!

Until next time,

Joey

About Joey

My name is Joseph Edward Weisenritter. I'm from the southside of Chicago, I have two sisters, two dogs, and two loving parents. If you asked me to describe myself I'd say "music". I like birds. Also, I like to write.