A Naperville Spring Break

After coming off of a fresh conference victory last weekend in Wooster, OH, I am traveling with the track team to the Division III Track and Field National Championships in Naperville, IL. I can’t imagine a much better way to spend my Spring Break than cheering on my fellow athletes.

The audience rise to the playing of the Star-Spangled just before the meet begins

The track team took two vans to make the trip to support Wabash’s two representatives at the meet: Jake Waterman in the 800, and Ronnie Posthauer in the 60 hurtles. Both qualified for the finals tomorrow from the preliminary heats this evening, Waterman winning his heat in 1:52.3 and Ronnie placing fifth in his heat with a time of 8:16.

I was more than happy to make the trip because I knew it would be a great opportunity to see an extremely competitive meet. I will be nervous when Jake’s 800m run begins, not because I doubt Jake can win it, but because I am extremely excited to watch him do it! As I also run the 800, having Waterman on the team and seeing him run has been a truly inspiring and humbling experience. He trains and competes at such a high level that makes me realize how much hard work it takes to be a champion. It will be fun to watch Jake compete for his first ever indoor national championship, but it will also be a learning experience.

Being a part of the track team has been great both for accomplishing personal goals and achieving victories as a team, and I can’t imagine a better way to end to the indoor season than supporting Jake and Ronnie tomorrow!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.