Stress is a Mess I Must Confess

Hola mis amigos! How are you all doing? It’s a most awesome Friday here at the ‘Bash. Especially since the load of stress of this week has passed, and the next load has piled on to take its place. Any student here will know what I am talking about.

I like to call this weekend an “oasis weekend”. No. I’m not referring to the band. I’m referring to a brief respite before one must cross the treacherous desert on the search for knowledge. The only small stop before one must venture out again into the restless heat of intellectual inquiry. It is the peaceful kind of weekend where yes, there is work to be done, but rest is available for a short while.

Especially since we are nearing the end of the year, and I and my fellow classmates are nearing the end of our first year here, it seems like a strange type of malaise has crossed into the populace. Students seem even more tired. Time seems to pass slower. The sheen of the beginning of the year is starting to wear down a bit. Yet, we all persevere.

Academics are so important to me, as I’m sure it is to other students. We don’t care how far we have to go for that good grade. Whilst we know how to have fun, we know work is important to take care of. I know we are getting tired and run down, but we can push on and triumph through the cold and damp final few weeks.

So, my friends and readers, I leave you all with a message. Though the weather may suck, and the classes may be hard. Though time may be slow, and each day seems like a bog, we must persevere. We are nearing the end point, and we shall triumph.

I must say goodbye my friends. I have rest to catch up on, and work to do. Take care. We shall talk later. In the meantime, enjoy every sandwich.