Can you hear the bubbling brook?

I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, there is something really special about listening to a live performance by our students in a recital! You learn something new about people you never new played an instrument. For example, James and Chris Gorman performed in the jazz band with fellow Wabash blogger Joey Weisenritter with a moving reproduction of “Closing Time” and super duo Andrew and Ian Sunde simply rocked “Passacaglia in g minor” on their violin and viola respectively.

Joey, James, and Joseph smooth jazz playing made for some interactive music

I could almost hear the bubbling brooks and rabbits and deer in an open field as their music took elements of high notes, low notes, and the plucking of strings.

Music was the end to my day, but it was also the beginning. I woke up to the ringing of my cell phone alarm at around 6:30. I woke up in plenty of time to read my EQ assignment for class. Today the snow came and went throughout the day, and at times I found myself wanting the snow to make up its mind. It wasn’t until after I finished watching President White’s presentation at “Wally at the Movies,” a liberal arts symposium on movies in our culture, that the snow finally made its final bow.

Tomorrow is another busy day in sports, as the both the swimming and wrestling team will be competing in conference battles, basketball team plays Oberlin in Chadwick, and I will head with the track team to Purdue. The goal is to hit the NCAC standard in the mile, wish me well, as well as all the athletes competing tomorrow!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.