Leadership and Service

It was tough to watch my Butler Bull Dogs lose tonight, but it I am so glad I had my fellow blogger Carl Sonnefeld with me to watch. There is something about a fellow college basketball viewer that makes watching a game so much better.

Brad Stevens is the best NCAA basketball coach in the game!

Today was what I’d call a nice jacket day, as the temperature made for a great 7 mile run during track practice today. Immediately following practice I was officially inducted into Alpha Phi Omega as the pledge class of 2013.

The requirements are simple, attend the meetings and commit yourself to 20 hours of community service. The focus of APO is leadership and service, and induction into this fraternity is an equivalent honor as being a part of the Boys Scouts of America. While I know I will never be able to tie over 100 different types of knots or survive on my own for days at a time, I do know how to serve and give back to my community.

Chapel Talk tomorrow features Dr. David Kubiak with his talk “Never Apologize, Never Explain.” See you there.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.