Golly G, What a Weekend

So Friday afternoon after classes my grandpa was gracious enough to drive all the way to Wabash from Chicago and shuttle me up for the weekend.  I’m very grateful for him and his generosity, it was a great few days.

Friday when I got home I first took care of a bit of homework—an unfortunate obligation for all college students.  With some of that out of the way I was able to enjoy the night with a couple good friends of mine, driving around, chilling, and writing some music.

Saturday rolled around and guess what: more homework.  That basically summarizes my morning, but as my afternoon progressed my mood slowly declined.  You see, the whole reason I conceived the notion of going home this weekend was to see Between the Buried and Me (one of my favorite bands) play at the Congress Theater.  The problem was, none of my friends had the money to go.  I contemplated going by myself, but too much time passed with me trying to convince somebody to go with me and as the start of the show neared closer I basically gave up and put myself into this pissed off, self-pitying mood.  My sister came home and with fifteen minutes before the show started I asked her to go, and we were off.

The change in my mood was spectacular: from angry and dejected to anxious and overjoyed in one instance.  The experience of the show itself is a-whole-nother story so I’ll write that in a separate blog.  I’m just super glad my sister went with me and shared in my awesome night.  After all of the beautiful music was over and I headed home, it was nice and relaxing to spend the night with my parents in the living room on the couch looking at old pictures and watching t.v.

This morning, after lunch with a few friends, it was off to the Greyhound station where I said goodbye to my mom and departed once more for Indiana.  Two a half hours later, I’m back at Wabash, doing, yet again, more homework and reflecting on an awesome weekend.  I probably won’t be home again until the end of the semester and I’ll miss everyone dearly until then, but time flies when you’re having fun.

So let’s have some fun and learn a thing or two.

Joey

About Joey

My name is Joseph Edward Weisenritter. I'm from the southside of Chicago, I have two sisters, two dogs, and two loving parents. If you asked me to describe myself I'd say "music". I like birds. Also, I like to write.