On Ducklings, Shins, and Stucky

Hey ya’ll,

Just a quick check-in for the week, here’s my blog! I’ll have a better-typed, more thoughtful blog out on Thursday, but I didn’t want to leave you all hanging for a week! I hope you’re all enjoying the great weather the past few days have granted us here in good ol’ Crawfordsville, and you know that when the weather heats up, that only means one thing: it’s recruit season.

Last Monday, I hosted my first recruit, a cross country runner, who came to practice and stayed at the Phi Delt house. It blows my mind that one year ago, I was in the same position as all the recruits coming to the Bash for visit days. At this time last year, I was still deciding between Wabash and Purdue! It’s hard to imagine. I can only describe the feeling of leading recruits around campus with one image:

It’s a good feeling.

As far as track goes, this weekend’s track meet as Rose-Hulman ended with a first place finish for the Little Giants, and I competed much better in the 1600 and 800 meter runs than I thought I would. However, after a little over a week of increasing shin pains, I am heading to get an x-ray today to determine whether or not I have a stress fracture. Though it would be frustrating to remain in the dark about why my shin hurts so bad, I really don’t want the tests today to come back positive. I’ll shoot a tweet when I find out.

Finally, I’m giving a big shout-out to James Edward Steven Stuckwisch, “Jesse,” Phi Delta Theta’s very own Rhiney for the Sphinx Club, who looks dashing in his grey sweats and orange vest. You a boss, Jesse, just keep doin’ you.

Until next time, Wallies,

E.L.E.