Heinz Chili Sauce

This blog has nothing to do with Heinz Chili Sauce.  And I’m not even hungry.

People who knew me last semester knew that at any given moment I was likely to be angry at the lack of music I was playing.  I’m happy to say: new semester, new Joey.  No longer are the days of sulking and whining because there aren’t enough minutes in the day to be strumming away.  This is not to say that at any given moment I wouldn’t rather be practicing than partaking in the formalities of life: education, food, daily hygiene.

Actually, it makes me more than happy to say that at the present, I am essentially pressed for time because of the amount of music I am learning/writing/rehearsing.  For example, Music Theory II is quite the musical exercise of the mind.  It’s been about three years since I’ve taken a theory course so I’ve been scurrying to keep up while simultaneously brushing the cobwebs off of my existing knowledge.  The work isn’t too difficult, but it’s just about as tedious as—well… music theory.

At the same time, the Wabash student recital is just around the corner (February 15th) so mark your calendars.  Because I’m taking lessons for credit I will be performing in the recital as a part of a three-piece combo.  As of now, I’m trying to find time in my schedule to write a ska song to perform that evening (if you’ve never heard of the genre ‘ska’ then look it up, you’ll be doing yourself a favor).

As if that weren’t enough, Honors Scholar Weekend is also creeping up pretty fast.  For this event I’ve gathered a few friends to play as well.  With two guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer, we plan to rock the parking lot of Kappa Sigma like it’s never been rocked before—predominantly with punk-rock.  Accordingly, I must also allocate the proper amount of time per week towards making that not sound like poo poo.

It may sound like I’m complaining, but I’m actually reeeaaaalllyy happy about all of this.

Before I go, my classmate, friend, and fellow blogger Carl Sonnefeld was as kind as to share with you all his self-portrait, which all freshmen are required to do as a part of the Freshman class Enduring Questions.  I worked rather hard on my self-portrait so I will do the same.  Whelp… here ya go.

4XIX

About Joey

My name is Joseph Edward Weisenritter. I'm from the southside of Chicago, I have two sisters, two dogs, and two loving parents. If you asked me to describe myself I'd say "music". I like birds. Also, I like to write.