Little Giant Invitational

The first week at Wabash has come to a blurring end, and so has the hustle and bustle of the presidential candidates who came to speak on campus. Tonight we heard the third and final candidate give his speech followed by a quick Jimmy John’s sandwich on the way out. Students are encouraged to submit their online evaluation form by 8 am tomorrow morning to be reviewed by the search committee.

But along with the anticipation surrounding a new presidential candidate, there is the excitement on my part in participating in my first track meet tomorrow in the Little Giant Invitational.

Night vision of the “arch” at Wabash

Tomorrow I will be running the 4×800, 800, and 4×400, three events that happen to correlate with the first, middle, and last events of the meet. It promises to be a long but exciting day, and tomorrow the Allen Center will be filled to capacity with the combined events of the track and wrestling meet.

Tonight offered another event other than the presidential candidate public forum. Wabash students could also watch Space Jam for free at the at Vanity Theatre through the Engage Wabash Committee and Senior Council. But I spent my time in Martindale playing euchre and watching the movie Green Street Hooligans. If you can, come out to see some athletic events at the Allen Center, it will be fun!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.