Feet on The Ground

Good evening my friends. I’m so glad to be back at the Bash. After a nice long break, it does feel somewhat good to be back at my home away from home. It’s nice to see my friends and roommate and everything else. It’s nice to feel my brain stretch yet again, and to be caught in the good ‘ol hustle and bustle.

In my comfortable dorm room, I sit and ponder how this semester will go. Will it be quick? Will it be smooth? Shall I make it through without hurting a knee? Who knows?  In the end, I just look forward to challenging myself.  I’m taking upper-level courses as a freshman this semester, and I love it. There is so much to learn here.  I love being able to push myself and that could just be why I love Wabash.

Here at Wabash, we men are given the chance to press ourselves and push ourselves beyond our limits. We are given the chance to find out who we are.  The environment perpetuated by this college allows us to take our mind and stretch it farther and more intensely than anywhere else.  Through doing this, it allows us to prepare for any stripe of life, and I believe that that is the goal of a liberal arts college. A liberal arts college is meant to put those who go to it in a position where they are never surprised and able to adapt to anything.

I love it here.  I wouldn’t ask to be anywhere else.  This college allows me to grow both as a student, as well as a human being, and provides me with many opportunities to do almost anything I want. I couldn’t ask for anything more.  Speaking of which, I have more work to do. I must be off. Enjoy the week my friends. We shall talk soon. In the meantime, enjoy every sandwich