New Year’s Resolutions

New Year’s Resolutions

It depends who you ask what response you will receive. Ask a well-seasoned, mature adult, and they will tell you that New Years is just another day. Skip to Generation Y and you will get responses like, “I am going to quite my job and become a movie star!” or “I will give up eating for a whole year!” or equally outrageous responses. So here to break from the tumult of adolescent, undeveloped responses, I am here to offer some concrete, real life goals for 2012.

#5-Be more efficient with my time-I can learn to play golf, write a new book, and even teach myself how to play a guitar. I can learn to become a ping pong master while recording my debut album. If you are wondering whether this list sounds familiar, it’s what the commercial for 5 hour energy promises it will give you. But seriously, this New Year is a time to learn new things, but to do it in such a way that I can continue accomplishing the things that are most important to me.

#4-Attend every Chapel Talk-Maybe a bit of a downer from learning to record a new album, but for a guy who wrote an entire article in The Phoenix about chapel talks, this may come as no surprise. My peerless record was spoiled this year when I missed one chapel talk, so this next year, I plan to rectify that by not missing any this coming year.

#3-Grades-Maybe you have noticed that here at Wabash they are a little harder to come by. If you haven’t noticed it, then you probably will. With proper time management and hard work, I feel this goal is definitely within reach!

Love recapping the year by watching shows like NBC’s New Year’s Eve

#2-Learn to Fly.

#1-Give more answers than I ask questions. My number one resolution encompasses more than just being a more informed person, it means that I will actually put more thought into what I say, and think about the impact it will have on other people. That for me is my number one goal for 2012!

I wish you the best with your New Year’s resolutions, even if the resolution is to begin those New Year’s resolutions! As I watch NBC’s New Year’s Eve Celebration, I wish you an enjoyable beginning of a new, and hopefully improved, year.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.