The Big Wind-Up

Friends, I am once again writing to you to tell of my adventures. Today has been both a very pleasant and very distressing day. Overall, it has been balanced. So, where to begin?

Let us start with this morning. It was a whirlwind. Being on crutches does make things even more interesting. I crisscrossed campus so many times, even my crutches were about to fall off. I had meetings here, class there, transport of materials everywhere! It was intriguing and exhausting. I got a lot done, but I still have so much to do.

With finals coming up, and papers coming do, and studying to do, and various other obligations, I am a man on fire. Luckily, I thrive under pressure. The more I am pressed upon, the more I crank out. I work like no tomorrow, and I love being at a place where there is always work to be done. It keeps me on my toes, and keeps my mind sharp. I may walk the razor’s edge sometimes, but I get things done.

Now, to the more interesting news of the evening if I may.  I have been given news about the status of my knee. It is not the best news of all, but what are you going to do? As it happens, I have injured my lateral femoral condyle (Either part of the femur or the tendon attached to it. I am not certain.), I have also partially torn my lateral meniscus, and I have flee-floating cartilage in my knee. In short, I will be in surgery (the chop-shop, as I so lovingly call it) on December 19th. Oh boy!

Am I upset about my knee? Not really. It’s just another part of living. It’s another adventure to be had. It’s another lesson learned.  These knees gave me guitar. In fact, they taught me the secret to life and living anywhere. If you are given a challenge, you conquer it. If life throws you a major curveball, you slam that thing out of the park. Just when life kicks you in the stomach, you rise up and grab the reins. Nothing is too great to conquer, and no pain is greater than you. There truly is a positive side of everything. Sure, I can’t play sports, or run very well, but I can play guitar. I can sing. I can make other people experience things with my music that I never would have been able to. That’s a meaningful thing.

So, with this message, I leave you my friends. I wish you the best. I shall talk to you all soon enough. In the meantime, enjoy every sandwich.