Back to The Crimson City

As I near the sojourn back to the Fortress of Scholarly Applications, I must say it is both with a heavy heart, as well as a prepared mind. I have loved this past week. Many things have happened that I didn’t expect. It has been quite pleasing.

First of all, I was able to spend time with my family, rest, and eat REAL food. Nothing ever beats home cooking, especially my mother’s turkey. I openly challenge anyone to make a turkey better than hers. I still don’t know how she does it.

I also was able to see my best friend Morgan, as well as a friend I haven’t seen in well over a year. I’m glad to see that my brother is in good shape. He loves his training and he will make us all proud I’m sure. As for the friend I haven’t seen in years, she is doing pretty well. She seems to be getting by.  She was happy to see me. I was quite happy to see her as well.

Finally, I had my last Thanksgiving with my “Juncle” Art, as well as my extended and amazing family I lovingly refer to as my “merry band of misfits”. We all had a wonderful time. Terrible jokes, great food, plotting of doom, and a game of Trivial Pursuit. All in all, it was a magnificent night.

I must say that this break has given me a lot to be thankful for. I have a great family. I have great friends. I have amazing best friends. I even have an amazing hometown that, if it wasn’t for my severe case of wanderlust, I would stay in my entire life.  It has been a fantastic time. I can’t wait for Christmas Break, and I aim to survive “Dead Week” just so I can make it in one piece. Well, goodnight my friends. I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday. We shall talk again later. In the meantime, enjoy every sandwich.