Looking Back

I love my tutorial.

For my tutorial, “Founding Brothers and Revolutionary Characters,” I finally finished my eleven page rough draft for the final paper!

As I sat in class today, I reminisced about what it has been like to be a part of Professor Himsel’s tutorial. It is coming to an end, and I find myself more than a little downcast at the thought of not seeing the fourteen other guys in that class every Tuesday and Thursday.

The view just after today’s Chapel Talk by Marc Nichols entitled, “Voice to the Voiceless”

We have discussed and laughed our way through deep questions that have led to enlightening and sometimes hilarious revelations. If you were to ask me what has been the best part of attending Wabash, I would tell you that Professor Himsel’s tutorial and the guys I have met in it have been my favorite part!

As a class we relaxed a little bit and discussed break. Professor Himsel wants us to enjoy it, and shared with us his Thanksgiving Break when he attended Wabash: sleeping and watching movies. It’s time to confess, how will you spend your Thanksgiving break? Unlike fall break, I will not encourage you to get ahead on homework. As a matter of fact, I encourage you to find every possible way to avoid it. If that includes sitting down and having a discussion with your sister about high school drama, then I guess you are going to get your ear full of teenage angst.

If that includes using your time to help family move into a new house, like I am, that’s cool too! Maybe you are more the lonely type, and walking outside watching the leaves turn color is your way of having a restful break. In that case, I understand why you weren’t able to enjoy the scenery at Wabash. We have a beautiful campus, but the trees here do not retain the natural foliage for very long. Here, the long autumn walks are filled with soft crackle of dead leaves beneath your feet rather than the plethora of orange and yellow pigments decorating the natural landscape above.

So whatever your plans for this Thanksgiving Break, please, please, please make it a time of fun, rest, and relaxation.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.