Glee Club Joint Concert

For 16 years, the Wabash College Glee Club has put on a joint concert with the University of Indianapolis’ Woman’s Chorus.  I have participated in this concert for 3 years running, and I have to say that the UofIndy woman’s chorus is fantastic.  This year, their numbers were much smaller than they have been in the past: only 20 or so.  This lack of numbers did not stop them from sounding amazing.  Combined, we had over 80 voices filling Salter Hall with beautiful music.  This joint concert is a great pairing, and I hope it continues for many years after I am gone from this college.

Mother Nature has graced us with some gorgeous weather the past few days.  60′s and 70′s and lots of sun.  Today, it is a little overcast and breezy, and for the second day in a row I am sitting in an empty field with friends just enjoying the weather.  Welcome to the 21st century, in which Wifi is located everywhere.  

This weekend I made an excursion to a small restaurant in town in which I had never visited: Diggers cafe.  Diggers is located on Market Street, right across from Walgreens and right down the road from Old Town Pizzeria.  They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner foods, and have a special of the day.  I got country fried steak and eggs, and a half order of biscuits and gravy.  Everything was fantastic.  Another member of our party got the daily special: a fried fish sandwhich.  He said that it was quite tasty, and affordable!  So, if you’re ever deciding on a place to eat in town, try Diggers Cafe!