Wabash Happenings

Have you ever wondered if Superman catching a freefalling damsel in distress would crush her body from the impact of Superman’s rippling arms?  Or, have you ever thought about the Flash’s uniform catching on fire due to the friction of his supersonic speed?  While these questions might not be exactly what are being answered, the Society for Physics Students is putting on an event entitled “The Physics of Superheroes”.  They will tackle the plausibility behind some superhuman abilities that have been portrayed in comic books and movies.  This is taking place tonight at 7:00PM in Ball Theater!  Here’s a link for more information: http://wabash.edu/news/displaystory.cfm?news_ID=10220

The 121st Honor Scholarship Weekend is happening this Friday and Saturday.  High school students are coming to take exams in English/History or one of six foreign languages, and mathematics and biology, chemistry, or physics.  These students are competed for $3.5 million in scholarships.  I partook in Honor Scholarship Weekend when I was a senior in high school and it was a great experience.  While I won’t be taking any of these exams, thank God, I will be involved in some way.  Each Honor Scholarship Weekend, Knowling Fieldhouse is transformed into a campus club symposium.  Every participating club gets a table, and they get to decorate it accordingly.  I will be manning the ‘shOUT booth for the entirety of the event and will, hopefully, convince some incoming freshman to join the cause.