Macbeth

I would not say that I am the biggest Shakespeare fan.  I find his work hard to read, from a linguistic standpoint, but I understand and appreciate the importance of the work.  I have seen three Shakespeare performances: Romeo and Juliet, As You Like It, and, now, Macbeth: two tragedies and a comedy.  Seems like I need to get a historical performance under my belt.

The amazing set of Macbeth.

Two of the performances that I have seen were “professional?” performances.  I do not say this to undermine the work of the Wabash College Theater Department, I only mean that the performances that I have seen were produced by large theater companies.  As a matter of fact, I believe that Macbeth was just as exciting as the “larger” productions that I have attended.  There are, of course, some limitations to a smaller production, but these are completely nullified by the fabulous work that is made of the set and, of course, the actors.  All of this for the fabulous price of $0.00.

If you have never been to a Wabash Theater performance, I urge you to attend.  They are free to the public, and are fantastic.  There is one left for this season!