Flat Tires and Debates

Today I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with my first flat tire.  I was heading out to Staples, one of the oh so fun things we do in this town, and my car was acting really funny.  I was about a half of a mile from my parking spot when I decided to turn around because my car felt wrong.  As I was stopped at a stop sign, a man who was snow-blowing his sidewalk rapped on my window to inform me that my passenger’s side front tire was flat.  I proceeded to park my car in the closest campus parking lot, that of the Fine Arts Center, to check my tire.  It was flat.  I mean, really flat.  The worst thing is that these tires aren’t even a year old.  The good thing, though, is that the tire business at which my mother bought my tires has a branch in West Lafayette.  We have a warranty on my tires and I can take it in and get it replaced for free.  This is the stuff that you have to deal with when you are away from home.

On a brighter note, the Wabash College Secular Student Alliance will be publicly screening a debate between Bill Nye (The Science Guy!, if you don’t know him: http://dft.ba/-7Pah) and Ken Ham, the CEO of the Creation Museum.  Their debate is centered around the question “is creation a viable model of origins”?  If you would like to attend, the event will be open to the public and we may get pizza (Senate funding to be announced).  The event will take place on February 4th at 7:30PM in Hays 003.