Christmas Haul

Christmas is upon us!  While Christmas should, and is, about family and friends getting together to celebrate each other’s company, there is another part of the Christmas season that seems to have taken the limelight: consumerism! That’s right folks, presents.  This morning, my living room was flooded with wrapping paper and boxes as 12 people tore into their gifts.  Here’s my haul:

Memoirs of an Addicted Brain: A Neuroscientist Examines his Former Life on Drugs.  This is a book that I’ve been wanting for awhile.  It’s a neuroscientist’s autobiography about his drug use.  I can’t wait to read it.

I believe that this present speaks for itself.  Generation 1 Pokemon + a blanket = a great Christmas present.  Anyone that thinks that Pokemon is just for kids is objectively wrong.

For those who are adamant readers of my blog, or know me in real life, you may know that I love fountain pens and ink.  This gift is great.  A red Lamy Safari with a converter and fine nib coupled with Apache Sunset ink, one of the prettiest American-made inks, in my opinion.

I’ve been wanting a Pebble SmartWatch ever since their Kickstarter was posted back on May 18, 2012 (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android).  This project raised over 100 times their requested amount, >10 million dollars.  I can’t wait to get this all set up and wear it around.

That was my Christmas haul! How was your Christmas?  Did Santa bring you everything on your list?