Sailing Through Seas of Homework

I wish the title of this post was more literal.  I could be Cap’n Redbeard, steering the galleon “Wabash” on a nefarious, nautical quest for the legendary “A”.  But, alas, I’m just sitting in my bedroom reading fairy tales.

I don’t know what it is about this semester.  Maybe it’s the fact that I’m doubling up in both religion and psychology classes, but something is making this semester seem like I am forever busy.  As on of my psychology professor put it after I told him that I was taking two religion classes: “oh, so you have a lot of reading then”.  It’s true.  I counted, and this past week, I read 304 pages for my classes.  Now, 304 pages may not seem like a lot, but imagine spending that time, not just reading the books, but taking notes on passages, highlighting, and annotating the books.  It has eaten up so much of my time, and I feel like I haven’t been without a book all week.

On top of all of the classwork, there’s the extracurricular aspect of being involved in many organizations.  Like many Wabash Men, I stretch myself pretty thin when it comes to extracurricular activities.  Take, for instance, this past Thursday when I had to turn in two budgets for two different clubs on campus: The Secular Student Alliance and The Wabash Society for the Furthering of the Liberal Arts.  Many people will go their entire Wabash career without writing a budget: be glad for that.  They are very, very difficult to write.

Okay, enough complaining.  We’re all stressed out, it’s Wabash College.

Have a nice weekend!

PS. Here’s a photo of the coffee I spilled on myself.  Have a laugh at my expense:

Owwie.