Back to ‘Bash

I won’t lie and say that I’m not already stressed out, but it feels so good to be back at Wabash.  Wabash is that kind of place.  We all grow and learn so much while we’re here, that it is bittersweet when breaks come around.  I hope that the members of the Class of 2017 grow to love Wabash as I do.

I suppose that I’ll start this blog in the same way that I always begin my first blogs of the year: with a rundown of my classes.

• Humanities 277: German Folk and Fairy Tales.  I decided to take this course because, on top of needed a humanities for distribution, it seemed to be very interesting.  I have always like fairy tales, so it seemed to be something that I’d enjoy.
  • Psychology 210: Drugs and Behavior.  If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, then you know that I want to go into counseling psychology.  One of the programs that I am looking into is a Master’s in Counseling Psychology with an area of concentration in drug and alcohol addiction.  This course seemed to fit neatly into that category.
  • Psychology 301: Literature Review.  This class was an easy decision, because I need it for my Psychology degree. Pure and simple.
  • Religion 171: Christianity to Reform.  An alternate name for this class is simply “The History of Christianity”.  I decided to take this class as the beginning of on “track” that religion minors have to take.  I will take a corresponding class next semester to complete the track.
  • Religion 280: Sects and Cults in America.  I mean, seriously, who doesn’t find interest in sects and cults?  With the prevalence of the Westboro Baptist Church (cult, not sect, I’m calling it) in the media, it seemed like relevant to my interests.

So, there we go.  My class list for the semester.  On top of these classes, I am currently president of ‘shOUT (our gay-straight alliance), the Secular Student Alliance, and am the treasurer for the Society for the Furthering of the Liberal Arts.  I’m pulled quite thin this semester, to say the least.

Welcome, and welcome back!