Secular Events

I recently submitted my budget for the Secular Student Alliance and every event planned for this year is a campus-wide event that I hope all of those people interested will attend.  Here’s a short run-down of the events:

The Gospel.

Darwin Day Movie Showing: The SSA and the Biology Society are hosting a showing of the film “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed”, a movie that tackles such topics as creationism, evolution, and the teaching of each in schools.  This is free to the public, and will be advertised, so come!

Flying Spaghetti Monster Service/Dinner: We will hold a religious service and dinner in the style of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster with reading derived directly from the holy book: The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  There will be a small buy-in, and all proceeds will go to a secular charity.  If you would like to know more about Pastafarianism, His Holy Noodliness, or The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you can check here: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster).

HIV/AIDS Testing: By pairing up with ‘shOUT, Wabash’s gay-straight alliance, we will help bring free HIV/AIDS testing to Wabash campus.

All of these events are geared to engage the campus in some way.  I hope that all of you Wabash men reading this will partake.

Today, on campus, all afternoon classes are cancelled for a very important reason: The Celebration of Student Research.  This is an event that is held every January to showcase the hard work of Wabash students.  Students present their independent research and these presentations are open to the public.  It is a fantastic event that I hope everyone attends.

Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Chris Dabbs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.