Egregiously Long Vacation.

Happy New Year to everyone reading this!  I hope that whatever you celebrated this holiday season was fun and full of love.

While I am not a Christian, myself, Christmas is celebrated in my household, and it was exciting as always.  We have quite a large family (I feel bad for Santa having to carry all of those presents down our chimney; it has to be hard on his back) so our tree is always stuffed to capacity with colorfully wrapped gifts.  6:00 am on December 25th, 2012, my eyes were wide open as I jumped out of bed and rushed to my parents room to flop on their bed to wake them up.  While I love opening gifts (who doesn’t?), my favorite part is watching the awe in my little sister’s eyes as they shred the wrapping paper off of their presents.

After the holidays, it struck me how long this vacation actually is.  While I appreciate time away from the hustle and bustle that is Wabash life, I have acclimated to it over the last year and a half and I have grown to miss it.  Being home, and  living quite sedentary, is really taking a toll on me.  I need to find something to do outside of the realm of reading to entertain me.  Wish me luck!

Have a good remainder of your respective breaks,

Chris Dabbs