Presentations.

Hello to everyone out there reading this.  I hope that your weeks are going well!

Today, I presented my final poster for my Global Health course.  We picked very specific topics to write our research papers and create our posters.  My specific topic was one that I think is very prevalent and

My poster and the topic for my final, research paper.

harmful.  I presented about the problem with the spread of zoonotic diseases (diseases that can be spread from animals to humans) in people who live in a close proximity to their livestock.  I think that the presentation went well.  There were quite a few people who came by, and they had very good question (the posters are hanging in Hays Hall, for all of those people on campus who would like to stop by and check them out).  These posters were pretty fun to make,

A very large printer.

and they were printed out on the largest printer that I had ever seen in my life.  The printer prints these posters in one go, on one sheet.  Imagine the amount of ink that this printer consumes (I recently read an article that stated that printer ink was the most expensive liquid on the planet, by volume.  I suppose that’s where the hike in tuition is going: buying ink for this printer).  The presentations were fun to give.  It was nice explaining to people about these problems that they probably have never thought, or heard, of otherwise.  Spreading awareness is a large part of getting people involved in helping.

It’s been rather chilly.

So, it has been downright chilly for the past few days here in Crawfordsville.  The heat hasn’t been turned on in my dorm yet, and I woke up in the middle of the night a few evenings ago and thought that my toes had succumbed to frostbite.  After checking the weather, I realized that it was a nippy 28 degrees outside.  When I woke up that morning, I got to walk through the frost-blanketed grass of the mall.  I’m not complaining; I often enjoy the cold.  Only when it doesn’t effect my sleep, and subsequently, my school work.  Winter is actually my favorite season of the year.  I love the weather: the snow, the brisk morning, and the cheek-biting winds.  However, fall is beautiful in its own way.  I was thinking about this as I went walking around downtown Crawfordsville with my lovely girlfriend a few days ago.  I took the time to

Beautiful.

actually look at the trees and to admire the changing of the leaves.  With Wabash life being so hectic most of the time, it is good to slow down on occasion and simply gaze at the trees.