Old Age.

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope that you woke up this morning nice and refreshed from your weekend.  I’ve been running on about 5 hours of sleep, today, which is a little under my 8 hour of sleep per night rule.  Although I have been teetering on the edge of falling asleep all day, this sudden, beautiful weather has kept me afloat in the realm of the conscious.

Today, I discovered that I have a Biology test on Friday (the day before Spring Break).  I guess that is what I get for not looking ahead to see when the exam was.  I assumed it would be farther away as it feels like we just had our last exam.  I guess I have to really buckle down and study every night this week.  To add onto the fact that I have an impending Biology exam, I have to read an entire book this week called the Color of Water, for my EQ.  All I can say is that I’m going to be awfully busy.

Regarding the title of my post, if you follow me on twitter (Chris_Wabash15), you would have seen that I mentioned the fact that I feel as though I am aging quite rapidly since I have been here.  Although I presented it farcically, it really seems as though this is happening.  I have witnessed the grey hair protruding from my head and the wrinkles that have begun to form around my mouth (smile lines, if you will).  I believe this to be directly attributed to the stress that I have put upon myself by coming here.  Would I trade it for anything?  No; but the fact remains.  Of course there are genetic variables in how we physically represent our age (look at celebrities like Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt), but I do remember reading something last semester about stress and it’s correlation to the aging process.  I also remember reading an article about how different presidents look from when they enter office as compared to when they leave office.  That, because of the stress of their job, they physically age quite rapidly.  This is just some food for thought, and something that has been on my mind for awhile.

That’s all that I’ve got for this beautiful Monday, here’s your picture of the day:

Norman Rockewell's famous "Triple Self-Portrait".