Final Week of the Internship

It’s been a little bit since I have blogged! I just want to give everyone an update of my last Wabash summer.

As I have talked about before, I have been working in the psychology department with Dr. Aubele. It took me a couple weeks to figure out exactly what I am doing, but now that I’m in the final weeks of the internship, I most definitely know what is going on. Here is the rundown: I am aiding Dr. Aubele’s research on the effects of neuromodulators (specifically nitric oxide) on male sexual behavior in rats. If her hypotheses are correct, she will be filling a gap in research involving the circuitry of a certain area of the brain – the MPOA. I have been assisting Dr. Aubele with caring for the animals, performing injections and infusions, doing some surgeries, and aiding in the experiment the best way I can.

Overall, I am very happy with my experience this summer. It’s actually been fun reading up on some of the latest neuropsychology research and then putting the words into action. After this last week is up, I will probably be heading back home to study up on the GRE for grad school. Then I will have that out of the way before I start my final year here at Wabash.

Hope everyone is having a fun-filled summer! Wabash Always Fights!