Ryan Fier, ’13

Sup fellas,

My name is Ryan Fier.  I grew up and have lived my entire life in Columbus, IN.  I have played nearly every position on the field.  In ODP I made it to the regional pool selection as a center defender.  I played club soccer at Bloomington Cutters under Phil Presser, the former IU assistant head coach, my Freshman and Sophomore years of HS as a central midfielder. I also played the same position throughout my career at Columbus North High School.  My Junior year of club soccer was plagued with many injuries which resulted in me sitting out nearly the entire season.  For my Senior year of club soccer, I made the Development Academy team at Carmel United and ended my club soccer career winning a national championship their, the third Carmel has won.  At Wabash, I played and started nearly every game as a Freshmen and Sophomore captain.  I started out playing as an outside midfielder my Freshmen year.  During my Sophomore year, I played everywhere inthe midfield and ended the season playing as a lone striker, which is what I will be playing next year.
In regards to school, I am a Biology major and Chemistry minor.  I have hopes and dreams of going into the medical field whether I fall into med school or podiatry school, who knows.  This year, I will live in an off-campus house with a few of the other soccer players.  I am also a member of the Malcolm X Institute on campus and am the co-chairman of Associateship for the brotherhood.
My goals for myself this season is to gain honors for first team all-conference.  More importantly, as a team, I hope that we break into the national rankings and make it to the NCAA tournament.  I hope everyone is training hard and still having fun.
Fier