Joe Stiglitz, ’13

Hey guys,

My name is Joe Stiglitz. I am a junior defender from Da Region or Highland, IN to be exact. I have been playing soccer since I was 6 years old. I have played for Indiana Inter and Millennium Soccer Club, but over the last three years I have been played in Chicago’s CLASA and Hispano Soccer Leagues. In high school, I played outside mid or defensive mid until senior year when I had to play sweeper. My sophomore and junior seasons we were the top team in our area, yet we lost to Munster in the sectional finals both years. At Wabash, I have seen a lot of playing time. Freshman year, I was patient and found playing time in the second have of the season and in conference play, starting in some of our most important games. Last season, I played in and/or started in all of our conference games. I have gained a lot experience not only through playing in games, but also being a back up to Mark Babcock and Jon Funston.
Regarding academics, I am a Math major and Physics and Art double minor with Pre-Engineering area of concentration. After Wabash, I hope to pursue a career in Engineering/Architecture or become an Actuary.  A goal in my life is to complete an IronMan triathlon. I am a brother in Beta Theta Pi fraternity. On campus, I am a member of Math Club and APO, a community service fraternity. Second semester I will be having an experience of a lifetime, studying abroad in Rome, Italy. I am looking forward to this coming season to prove all the doubters wrong. We have an experienced roster not to mention a strong incoming class. Lets not disappoint.
Joe Stiglitz ’13