Digitizing Dynasty & Divinity

Ian Starnes ’11 - This week I met with several important people at the IMA regardingthe star studio project. We discussed the layout of the exhibit as well as thingsand ideas to improve on. I never realized how much time and thought goes intomuseums and the spaces the designate. Everything must be socially and politicallystable, aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and it must function. There are people responsible for even the most miniscule details, like creating labels for pieces of art.
My meetings have allowed me to see museums through thought provoking and innovative ways.I have also been researching different subject matter for the ipod tapp tour. My section involves cultures and ideas associated with Ife, but not found in thedirect vicinity of the ancient city. My research has been extremely difficult and Ihave struggled to find information that is both reliable and compelling. I cant wait tosee the final product we come up with. This opportunity given to me by Wabash has been so beneficial in my understanding of what it takes to work in the fine arts. It takes patience, hard work, and cooperation.In the upcoming weeks I will be continuing my mediations between museum department while working on the star gallery and the tapp tour.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Digitizing Dynasty & Divinity

1. itchy eye says:

ya fine arts take much patiences but the final product will be a joy!

2. This is my second visit to this blog. I am thinking about starting a brand new blog in the same category. Your blog provided me with thoughts to work with. (Dont worry, I wont be copying you :) ) You have done a fantastic job.