Here’s a little bit of the student technology survey released this week.
- The percentage of students bringing their own computer to Wabash – 95.3%
- The percentage of those that are laptops – 88%
- What operating system does your computer use? 25.4% use a Mac (that’s up 600% in the last 5 years)
- The percentage of students who have a cell phone – 98%
- The number of Apple iPhones currently registered on the Wabash wireless network – 481 (yes, correct, 481!)
- Distinct web pages on the Wabash web site – 101,822 (That’s a lot!)
- Alumni who logged into Alumni eServices last year – 1,143 (almost 10 % of our living alumni)
- Number of Wabash blogs – 130 (And almost all of them have more than the 9 readers this one has!)
1. Buy your son a laptop – it’s cheaper than a car.
2. Might as well make it a Mac.
3. Get the iPhone while you’re in the Apple store.
4. Make his home web site: www.wabash.edu